Re: [TowerTalk] Need help estimating cable length of DXE 400 MAX

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need help estimating cable length of DXE 400 MAX
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 11:24:31 -0700

If you have an antenna analyzer that can measure complex impedance (as in R +/- jX) and if you are willing to put a connector on one end of the cable, I can tell you how to get an accurate length measurement using TLW, the transmission line application that comes free with the ARRL Antenna Book.  You don't need an instrument with TDR capability (Time Delay Reflectometer) to do it.

73,
Dave   AB7E