Re: [TowerTalk] Pelican case for outdoor use

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pelican case for outdoor use
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 11:51:18 -0700
On 4/10/2020 8:05 AM, Grant Saviers wrote:
In my NEMA 4 enclosures which are rain/splash/hose spray proof, a bug proof vent keeps the inside humidity level at ambient here in the very wet Pacific Northwest .

NEMA 4 enclosures are a great option for outdoor use. I use gasketed enclosures with screw covers when access is generally not required, and hinged versions for larger enclosures when access is occasionally required. Control lines for my rotators and SteppIR are on barrier strips in a hinged enclosure, with a piece of PVC conduit going through the wall into the shack.

A few years ago, with help from W6GJB, I built a coax entry panel with 8 arrestors in a very large hinged enclosure. The arrestors are the high power units with replaceable elements that Array Solutions sells. Coax enters through strain relief clamps sold for electrical boxes. They're mounted on the bottom of the enclosure, with two 2-in pieces of PVC conduit going through the wall to the shack.

73, Jim K9YC