Re: [TowerTalk] Coaxial Stubs target frequencies for CQWW SSB

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coaxial Stubs target frequencies for CQWW SSB
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 10:45:10 -0700
On 10/1/20 10:32 AM, Jim Brown wrote:
I would start by STUDYING http://k9yc.com/Multi-Station.pdf ; and
http://k9yc.com/StubPlacement.pdf

In addition, you will need to consider the length added to the stub by the switching circuitry, also the optimum location of each stub along the feedline, which is VERY important.

73, Jim K9YC

Given all the effects of parasitics, switching components, etc.

You might find that investing $50 in a NanoVNA would be useful. It would let you make "thru" measurements for the system, for instance, as opposed to just cutting stubs, etc.

I have seen comments over several articles about making different length
sets for CW vs. SSB contests. What target frequencies should I be cutting
each of the stubs to using my RigExpert analyzer for SSB? What would I use
for a second set for CW contests?