Re: [TowerTalk] Greyline Performance antennas

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Greyline Performance antennas
From: David Gilbert <ab7echo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 18:24:35 -0700

After reading their web site, I have to say that their claims sound like a lot of unfounded fluff.

They claim "lower noise", which is completely vague and physically unlikely for a vertical.

They claim "lower angles than ground mounted verticals requiring 100+ radials".  Takeoff angle for a vertical is primarily a function of ground conductivity, not the antenna and not the radials.

They claim coverage down to 160m for their 16' model with "very low losses".  I'm pretty certain that a 16 foot vertical with no radials on 160m is going to have very high losses.

It might be just me, but their prices sound outrageous.

Their user feedback is completely anecdotal ... i.e., useless.  Some of it is cringe worthy.

Just my two cents worth ...

73,
Dave   AB7E