Re: [TowerTalk] Cover antennas - the good news and the bad news

To: "'Mark - N5OT'" <r-emails@n5ot.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cover antennas - the good news and the bad news
From: "Mike & Becca Krzystyniak" <k9mk@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 19:08:02 -0500
Ditto Mark,

   I had a Pro-67C3 up for almost 20 years without issues, including several
ice storms with 1" ice.
   Very robust and it stood up to most 3-4 element yagi's in the area.

   Computer modeling of mechanical and electrical designs have pushed the curve
so I recently retired them.
   Good news is they were easily refurbished and headed to a new tower. I bet
they last another 20 years.

73  Mike K9MK

PS: In the 1980's my Telrex yagi's didn't last 2-3 years before wig-wagging
themselves apart from our prevailing prairie winds.
    That used to be the gold standard but as I found out all too quickly YMMV.