Re: [TowerTalk] Experience with Sacrificial Zinc?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Experience with Sacrificial Zinc?
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 12:06:25 -0400
That could be a problem with hard paint. There are a lot of commercial
painted towers, I wonder if they have problems removing bolts. I used
BriteZinc on my Aruba tower which is mostly soft zinc. Because I painted the
tower a dozen times using a glove the bolts collected a lot of paint. I had
no issue pushing a combination wrench onto the bolts and nuts to displace
the paint and no issue unscrewing them.

John KK9A

Richard Smith n6kt wrote:

 OK that makes sense. One additional question: We are using AB-105 towers.
They are constructed by bolting together vertical, horizontal, and diagonal
parts. I am imagining that the use of the urethane aliphatic enamel would
make it difficult (or impossible) to remove parts from the tower. Even with
an impact wrench, it seems like it would be very difficult. Is this correct?
73, Rich, N6KT