Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 65G Accessories

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 65G Accessories
From: Ken Alker <ka6ken@alker.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2022 10:55:13 -0700
As a newbie, what is the advantage to side-mounting, as you've shown in your picture?

--On Thursday, March 24, 2022 1:45 PM -0400 Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org> wrote:

**resent in straight ascii mode.

When I needed the same for my R80 tower I decided to side mount my big 3L
40. I only needed a bunch of angle, a piece of pipe for the collar, and
the mast of course.

For many years I had a Telrex rotator up there, but I now have a Spid
BigRAK turning the 3L, which surprisingly has no trouble.

I like the side mount solution so well that if I were starting over, all
my top yagi's would be mounted this way.

BTW the funny looking boom to mast clamp is my version of a tilt boom
gizmo.

https://app.box.com/s/szbzl1ns0tbr1q7cxkisjacavgrcrihu

-Steve K8LX