Re: [TowerTalk] Rope for free hand lifting

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rope for free hand lifting
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 19:00:21 -0700
In my sailing days I found that 7/16" was the smallest line that I would use when significant pull was needed. The double braid polyester ropes and usually very low stretch and lowest cost. You can step up to very low stretch with several other not exotic (kevlar) ropes from New England Ropes. My go to supplier for anything critical.

The other must IMO is to use ball bearing blocks. There is a huge reduction in the force lost to friction with plain bearing blocks - in some as much as 50%.

Grant KZ1W