Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: [MARC-MD] US-Towers HDX 555 stuck up. Help anyone?

To: "'Herschel Hall'" <r2owner@gmail.com>, "'Gene Smar'" <ersmar@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: [MARC-MD] US-Towers HDX 555 stuck up. Help anyone?
From: "Steve Jones" <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2023 09:07:23 -0700
I agree with Herschel's recommendations, but with one additional step:
Before anything else, verify there is AC power at the switch box at the
tower.  Nor sure how you get power to the tower from the building but you
need to rule out if a conduit and power/control wiring was damaged in winter
or by gophers etc etc.  I know you hear a relay noise but check for full AC
voltage anyway.
GL es 73,
Steve
N6SJ
ps. I have an HDX 589.  The motor turned but the belt was slipping and I had
to tighten the tension on the belt.  These things are amazing devices!