Re: [TowerTalk] U-Bolt Sources

To: jimw7ry@gmail.com, TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] U-Bolt Sources
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 17:35:09 -0400
Several people have suggested DXE, and not finding what I needed elsewhere, I went through DXE's ordering process.  Shipping and handling would have been more than the price of the single u-bolt clamp I really needed, so I went on Amazon and bought a galvanized version, which will be here tomorrow with free shipping  (yes, Prime is worth it for me).  It seems to me, in general, that DXE's pricing for smaller items is way out of line.  For example, their baluns are double the price of the identical units offered by Balun Designs - I braced one of their sales people about this specific case at Dayton, and (imagine this!) I got no explanation worthy of the name (he said "they must not be making any money on them"!).

73, Pete N4ZR