Re: [TowerTalk] U-Bolt Sources

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] U-Bolt Sources
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 23:34:37 -0400
What item on Amazon did you buy that is similar to DX Engineering's 2"
saddle clamp with stainless steel u-bolt?

If the DXE clamp pricing and shipping charge is an issue, you could purchase
a 2" muffler clamp in stainless steel. They are slightly larger than 2" ID
but readily available on Amazon Prime and many auto stores.

John KK9A

Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:

Several people have suggested DXE, and not finding what I needed
elsewhere, I went through DXE's ordering process.  Shipping and handling
would have been more than the price of the single u-bolt clamp I really
needed, so I went on Amazon and bought a galvanized version, which will
be here tomorrow with free shipping  (yes, Prime is worth it for me).
It seems to me, in general, that DXE's pricing for smaller items is way
out of line.  For example, their baluns are double the price of the
identical units offered by Balun Designs - I braced one of their sales
people about this specific case at Dayton, and (imagine this!) I got no
explanation worthy of the name (he said "they must not be making any
money on them"!).

73, Pete N4ZR