Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 259, Issue 15 160 meter trap/coil

To: Arthur Bernstein <n2ka@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 259, Issue 15 160 meter trap/coil
From: Richard Karlquist <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2024 12:39:43 -0700
W8JI, IIRC, pointed out that if you have sufficient top loading wires to
get roughly uniform current

distribution along the vertical, then it doesn't matter where you put
the loading coil:

top, middle, or bottom.  Same inductance for resonance and same
efficiency.

The top/middle/bottom argument stemmed from analyzing mobile whips that

could never have significant top load for obvious reasons.

For any 160m vertical that is guyed, it is trivial to top load it.

---
Rick Karlquist
N6RK