Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 260, Issue 2 - OR2800 cable type

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 260, Issue 2 - OR2800 cable type
From: Paul N1BUG FN55mf <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2024 14:55:15 -0400
On the basis of my understanding of transmission lines, I would expect
un-shielded twisted pair to provide more than enough rejection of noise
and RF. I know nothing about the susceptibility of the electronics on
either end to lightning; certainly that should be taken into account,
but shunt GDTs should be sufficient.

I am well aware of the merits of twisted pair. It works well for many
things and I use it for a number of things around my station. However, I
don't have any and am on a tight budget. I have 2000 feet of new RG-6,
hence my desire to use coax.

73,
Paul N1BUG