Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 260, Issue 2 - OR2800 cable type

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 260, Issue 2 - OR2800 cable type
From: Paul N1BUG FN55mf <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2024 14:45:29 -0400
Thanks Scott.

That is the other configuration I was wondering about, so good to know
that works. Most responses indicate a single run of RG6 should work. I
am going to try that on the first day weather allows me to climb without
risk to my health. I have plenty of RG6 to do two runs, but am not aware
of any particular advantage over a singe coax.

When the time comes to replace things in a permanent fashion I will
probably go with UF cable for the motor and RG6 for the pulse counter. I
am holding off on the full cable replacement pending being able to
afford a 120VAC run needed for future 10 GHz equipment on the tower.

73,
Paul N1BUG