Re: [TowerTalk] OptiBeam OBDYA12-5 and NN4ZZ TiltPlate

To: Art Greenberg <art@artg.tv>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OptiBeam OBDYA12-5 and NN4ZZ TiltPlate
From: William Greaves via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2024 19:50:51 -0500
Art,I'm in the process of assembling this Optibeam and can send you the manual,
but I'm away from the paper manual for a couple of weeks. I'm also interested
in NN4ZZ tiltplate for this Optibeam.Bill K9GN
-------- Original message --------From: Art Greenberg <art@artg.tv> Date:
9/12/24  11:20 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: towertalk@contesting.com Subject:
[TowerTalk] OptiBeam OBDYA12-5 and NN4ZZ TiltPlate I'm considering buying the
subject antenna. I want to mount it on an existing NN4ZZ TiltPlate.The old
NN4ZZ site shows an adapter for the OptiBeam square booms. In this case, the
boom is 40mm square and a 2.5-inch OD aluminum tube is used as an adapter.
That's all good. I can fabricate the adapter or puchase it pre-made if it is
available from Degen Designs.But I have questions about this particular
antenna. Will the adapter clear the phasing lines that run under the boom
sufficiently? Does the element spacing around the nominal center of the boom
allow for the 18-inch TiltPlate? Will the elements nearest the mast clear the
tower as it is tilted over?OptiBeam does not make the antenna manual available
without purchase, and dimensional information that would answer my questions is
not available
  from OptiBeam (I did ask).Does anyone here have this antenna and can provide
the dimensions that I need? Even better, has anyone attempted to mount this
antenna to a TiltPlate?Thanks.-- Art
 mailing
listTowerTalk@contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/towertalk