Re: [TowerTalk] OptiBeam OBDYA12-5 and NN4ZZ TiltPlate

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OptiBeam OBDYA12-5 and NN4ZZ TiltPlate
From: Art Greenberg <art@artg.tv>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2024 06:17:38 -0400
John,

When the mast is vertical, the boom plate on the TiltPlate is a few degrees off of vertical. So if you just bolt the square boom to the boom plate, the antenna will be off of horizontal. The adaptor allows for adjustment of the boom to make the antenna horizontal.

This isn't a problem for a round boom.

--
Art Greenberg
WA2LLN