[VHFcontesting] VHF Contest CW

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contest CW
From: ns3t@arrl.net (Jamie Dupree)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:59 2003
Looking back at this past weekend, I just wondered if anyone had some thoughts
on CW as part of the VHF contests.   I don't have a huge setup (small 3-element
beam and a halo for 6 meters) and so I need good conditions and the right
timing to make most of my contacts.

I "heard" a number of people, but couldn't contact them on SSB....(even though
they were yelling and I was yelling) so I went down to the CW portion of the
band,
 in hopes of finding a few Q's.  I did work some cross country stuff and some
locals around Washington, DC - running a few here and there - but I just wonder
if
CW is getting used as much as it could on 6 meters.

Would there be any benefit to making CW contacts worth more points than
SSB (as is done in the 10 meter contest)?

Just some thoughts.  Had a great time spinning the dials.  Too bad the
conditions couldn't have been better.

Jamie Dupree
NS3T