[VHFcontesting] VHF Contest CW

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contest CW
From: k1ep@arrl.net (Ed K1EP)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:43:59 2003
I have the same thoughts concerning CW during contests.  In the weeks and
months preceding the contest, while 6M was open, there was a lot of CW activity
that I could hear and worked, West coast, Europe, South America, etc.   During
the contest, I heard very little CW activity, even though I spent much more
time on CW than SSB.  My station at home is very weak and maybe I just didn't
hear everyone during this contest.  However, during the June and September
contests, I operate 6M at W2SZ/1 with a KW and four stacked six element yagis
at 3500' ASL.  I still don't hear much CW at all during those contests.  During
the contest, I do work a couple of cross mode contacts in the SSB portion of
the band, with the calling station on CW responding to my SSB CQ.  Do many of
the many CW operators sit out the contest?