[VHFcontesting] 1296 QUAGI Element Sizing Help

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 1296 QUAGI Element Sizing Help
From: msadams@acsu.buffalo.edu (Mark S. Adams, P.E.)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:41 2003
Hi Gang,

The Lucite was cut on the bandsaw with care in preparation for 1/16"
elements of brazing rod per N6NB's instructions if I'd dare.  OK, that's
bad......

Anyway, I discovered that 1/16" brass brazing rod is MIGHTY WIMPY!  All my
other VHF+ antennas have been made with 1/8" 5566 Al weld rod which is nice
to work with.  Soooooo, has anyone made a 1296 QUAGI using 1/8" elements?

Thanks es 73,
Mark K2QO