[VHFcontesting] comments from non-submitters?

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] comments from non-submitters?
From: w2ev@arrl.net (Ev Tupis (W2EV))
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:41 2003
Tom Carney wrote:

> I received a reply from one of the stations that I worked during the Jan
> contest who did not submit a log.  He listed the problems he had with the
> robot (during a previous submittal) and the removal of scores from QST as
> the primary reason he did not submit a log this time.

People submit logs because:
   o It's easy to do
   o There's a reward for doing so

It sounds like the first is more important than the second to this person.
After all, they tried to submit, but were thwarted in their attempt.  It was
only after that, that they decided there was little enough reward to attempt
expending any effort in learning why.

So far, the data says that there are more people who participate yet DON'T
submit a log than those that participate and DO submit a log.  We need more
comments from non-submitters.  Gene, any plans for doing so?

Tom, thanks for keeping this alive.  If anyone is serious about increasing log
submittals, it will be important to follow through with real research and data
gathering.

Ev, W2EV