[VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Rules Revisions - Part III

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Rules Revisions - Part III
From: callbill@hotmail.com (Bill Olson)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:45 2003
Hi Ken, Whew! Even if I agreed with you, which I don't, you don't answer my
final question. How do you enforce such a rule (rule to eliminate "captive"
rovers or so-called "manufactured" or good buddy QSO's)? Are you saying I
cannot *work who I want to* in the contest??  Or that I *can only go roving
on a route that will result in my best score*??? That really IS silly!

Finally, the unlimited multiop is a dying breed because of the "limited
multiop" category, not because of rovers. MANY of the present Limited
stations used to be on the microwave bands, but now their equipment is
collecting dust. That's their choice. We're all getting older (it seems) and
it is a LOT of work putting together a big station. But I really don't think
the smaller number of unlimited-multis is because of rovers - "captive" or
otherwise.

bill, K1DY FN54jq Maine