[VHFcontesting] Re: Q: Power Level Setting on Popular Multimodes

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: Q: Power Level Setting on Popular Multimodes
From: dana@twc-inc.com (Dana Rawding)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:36 2003
Anyone know if it is possible to set the power levels per band on a
FT-847?  I just purchased one today and I'm kind of disappointed that
there does not seem to be any way to do this.

Trying to adjust the drive every time I switch bands is a recipe for
disaster (I see overdriven amps and smoked trnasverters in my future).
I'd even take the the % system that the IC-706 has over nothing.   At
this point it looks like I was better with my old FT-726 which put 10W
on all bands or maybe I should have saved up a few more $ and got the
TS-2000...

Dana
N1OFZ