[VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Rules Revisions - Part III

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Rules Revisions - Part III
From: kb1eaa@berkshire.rr.com (Dave Wendling)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:47 2003

> In a message dated 5/2/03 19:03:01 Eastern Daylight Time,
> kb1eaa@berkshire.rr.com writes:
> > How about we only count the points of operators who send in a log.  This
> > way the local manufactured points of guys who never send in logs would
not
> > count  AND we could easily spot captive rovers.......
>
>  It wouldn't be that hard to find the captive rovers by examining the
logs.
> The big problem with only counting the points of operators who send in a
log
> is that there are a number of reasons why somebody may only have a few
> contacts. Like the other guy does, I sometimes get into a DX contest and
S&P
> looking for a new band/country. If somebody calls me, I will answer but my
> major purpose is DX. What about somebody in June who is only looking for
new
> grids in an Es opening?

I just think it would help keep everybody honest.  If you want to play then
send in a log. This way all points could be verified. It would eliminate
some of the problems with unethical contesters.  I'm sure the majority of
folks in this reflector like to play fair.  Why be at the mercy of a few
people who don't care how they win?  I hear them in here and other
reflectors with the loudest voices. They have learned that the the best
defense is a good offence. The ARRL works this way.  They grease the squeaky
wheels.

KB1EAA, Dave