[VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Rules Revisions - Part III

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VHF Contest Rules Revisions - Part III
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:46 2003
On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 01:19:50AM +0000, Bill Olson wrote:
> captive rovers, good buddy qso's, manufactured qso's, whatever. I asked the
> question a couple days ago right here and no one came up with an answer.
> What rule can you make and HOW could you possibly enforce it without
> hurting everybody?

We already have rules that limit who you can work - ie. you can only
work your own operators on 2.4 and up, you can only work them if
they each have seperate stations and those have to be capable
of "real" communications.

> >You haven't been out much.  I have been in my rover parked next to captive
> >rovers on Mt Wachussets in MA who would not give me a point even after I
> >walked over and introduced myself to them!  I also personally know several
> >rovers who received all of their microwave gear from a big multiop station.

This is not a good thing.

I think it is a sad thing that there are multiop groups and/or rovers
that go out as a way to increase the score of the one multip op station.

It makes it such that building and operating a good station is not
enough to be on the same level you also have to round up more folks
and equipment to man rovers to provide you (and only you) with
contacts.

I am missing something I guess - I dont see how this helps the overall
contest or indeed furthers much of anything except the score of the
station these rovers are working.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net