[VHFcontesting] Re: Good Buddy QSOs

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: Good Buddy QSOs
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:46 2003
On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 05:10:18PM -0400, Andrew T. Flowers, K0SM wrote:

> Kenneth E. Harker wrote:
>
> >Yes, that rule is an abomination.
> >

> I understand where you are coming from, but I think that the rule isn't
> necessarily the evil that it appears.  Is it fair that all 25 people at
> the K0SM multi-multi built little 24GHz Gunn diode transceivers from
> surplus motion detectors and worked eachother on the patio during the
> January contest at 8pts each?

No I dont think it is fair.

  What if these tranceivers were the result
> of a massive project put on by the Central Nebraska VHF Club in which
> lots of newbies got their first taste of the microwaves?

I think that is great - still does not change my feeling about
working all the ops at the M/M for points.

   Good for them
> if this multi-multi beats the their northern competition because they
> were motivated to generate more RF than the Bismark Microwave Society.

This is why I think it is bad.

Maybe this is one more reason to stay in the limited multop class...... of
course maybe I just need to ditch the 222 band in favor of 24ghz and
have the local 400 member radio club get on the ball with a club
project and then invite them all over for BBQ and some QSOs.

I am close enough to the grid corner - I bet I could work them
several times each.

mmm..... now if I did that and won .... would that get the rules
changed like the time the rovers did some grid circling?

Think about it.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net