[VHFcontesting] 6 and 2 meter antenna question

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 6 and 2 meter antenna question
From: callbill@hotmail.com (Bill Olson)
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:44:49 2003
Hi Jim, I think the long 6M element will get in the way of the 2M antenna.
It will be roughly 3 half waves and just resonant enough to screw things up.
The antenna would probably work but not optimally. There used to be a two
band 6&2M beam made by Finco. It had traps in the 6M elements so they looked
short on 2M and worked very much like a tribander. Hmmm, the traps acted
like loading coils on the 6M elements so they were shorter and would
probably fit on top of a car without hanging over too much.. I wonder if
anyone is roving with a Finco 6&2? But that's a slightly different subject.
If you want 6 and 2M on the same boom, I think the best way is to put the 2M
antenna in front of the 6M one. That means lengthening the boom, so that's
probably not an option. I guess i'd just try to "squeeze" a small 2M beam on
your mast..

bill, K1DY Maine