[VHFcontesting] Yagi Stacking... Newbie Question

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Yagi Stacking... Newbie Question
From: n5ito@davidv.net (David Vondrasek)
Date: Mon Jul 28 18:07:29 2003
I now have in my greedy hands a couple of M2 12 element beams. Hoping they
do better then the CC 215WBs.  I plan to stack them in the next few days on
the 60 foot tower. It's been up with no antennas for too long.. I have a
1/2 wave power divider for 2 antennas. If this is used do I need to have
the feed lines from the divider a certain length to the antennas ? Or just
any random length to get them connected to the divider. I've seen both ways
used and want to make sure I do it the *right* way.

Another question somewhat related. What is the draw back of phasing 4
antennas of different makes if any advantage at all ? I have two CC 215WBs
also. Any advantage to using all four in an array or even advantageous ?
Will it work ? No ? Reason ?

Will be working the VHF contest this weekend as best I can on 432/SSB only
with 20 ele's at 40 feet and 10 watts from EM12. Good luck to all going
after it this weekend.

Dave
N5ITO