[VHFcontesting] Re: Why we ... YADA YADA YADA

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: Why we ... YADA YADA YADA
From: mcw1wjw9@optonline.net (Warren Walsh)
Date: Mon Jul 28 15:52:49 2003
At 03:08 PM 7/28/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>At 02:57 PM 7/28/03 -0400, Warren Walsh wrote:
>
> >Why?  Does the list require him to give his call?  He is not using an
> alias, or hiding his identity.  Maybe he just forgot to sign his message.
>
>Actually, he forgot to use his own name or callsign.  I just want to know
>his name.  Is it you?

No, it's not

> >What amazes me is how many individuals get so up-tight when these
> questions are asked!  Why is that?
>
>What am I uptight about?

I don't see your name in my statement.

> >  Are these questions hitting too close to home, or maybe they have some
> truth to them?
>
>Unfortunately there is not much truth to them.

If that's true, then why do these "rumors" persist?  I heard so many
stories from many different people about rovers who show up make one
contact and leave.  Who are they working, and why don't they stay longer
and work more people?

>   Identity theft and impersonation however come close to slander in my mind.

I agree about identity theft, and don't condone it at all!

> >Inquiring minds want to know!
>
>Okay, you are the second person who has questioned this.  Obviously, many
>people believe whatever they read to be fact and that by creating a mail
>address, that person must be use their own name or call.

Tell you what, I DON'T need to hide, I'll ask the question then.

Is there any truth to the stories about W2SZ using captive rovers?  If it
isn't, how can they prove it to the naysayers?

73
Warren Walsh - K2BM