[VHFcontesting] Re: Why we ... YADA YADA YADA

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: Why we ... YADA YADA YADA
From: mcw1wjw9@optonline.net (Warren Walsh)
Date: Mon Jul 28 14:57:44 2003
At 02:26 PM 7/28/2003 -0400, Ed K1EP wrote:
>At 12:53 PM 7/28/03 -0500, allegedly Kip K. wrote:
>
> >And its no wonder with numbers like these that there are those who
> complain to the ARRL (and seemingly sway the tide) whenever there is a
> request to make the competition logs public or create some sort of opt
> in-out program.  Here was a noble attempt:
> >
> >http://www.wm7d.net/az_proj/az_html/vhf_qth_net.txt
> >
> >Like showing a log would be giving away some sort of trade secret....yea
> right.  I would more over guess that the secret is the right combination
> of ops, equipment and location.  Oh yes, and "club-oriented" rovers.
>
>It amazes me that the individuals who complain about secret logs, alleged
>conspiracies, and "club-oriented rovers" can't even make their own true
>identities known, but have to hide behind aliases created to mask their
>true identity.  Would you like to tell us your real name and call, if you
>have one?

Why?  Does the list require him to give his call?  He is not using an
alias, or hiding his identity.  Maybe he just forgot to sign his message.

What amazes me is how many individuals get so up-tight when these questions
are asked!  Why is that?  Are these questions hitting too close to home, or
maybe they have some truth to them?

Inquiring minds want to know!

73
Warren Walsh - K2BM