[VHFcontesting] Re: captive rovers

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Re: captive rovers
From: tree@kkn.net (Tree)
Date: Tue Jul 29 13:50:12 2003
On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 01:08:06PM -0400, Dennis Hudson wrote:

> Tree, Jim, Warren etc, what do you guys have against roving? Why are
> you constantly trying to destroy one of the most enjoyable aspects of
> my HOBBY.

I am very sorry to hear that my comments have been taken as "anti roving".

I honestly think rovers are fantastic and they should be commended for
doing it.  While I haven't yet roved in a VHF contest, I have done it
before for HF contests doing county hopping.

By your comments, it doesn't sound like you are a "captive" rover, so
please do not take anything I have said to apply to you.

> I try to contact anyone willing to put an effort to make a station
> capable of working me. I've personally handed out some of the final
> microwave VUCC cards to stations like KH6CP(W1VT), VE2JWH, WA1AIM. I
> try to publish my schedule on this reflector and my capabilities are
> listed with VE2PIJ's VHF resource page.

This is great - and I am only talking about the very small rovers who
do not make an effort to work other stations and end up in no other logs.

73 Tree