RE: [VHFcontesting] Inverter Advice

To: "Vhfcontesting@Contesting. Com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [VHFcontesting] Inverter Advice
From: "Robert McGwier" <rwmcgwier@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 13:15:40 -0000
I have purchased two DC-> 117V Astron inverters upon
receiving advice for K5UHF.  He told me they were quiet
and got the job done.

He was absolutely right.  I have listened, with computer
from 160 meters through 70 cm with laptops connected and
inverters hooked to car battery, gel cell, and deep discharge.
I have discarded all prior attempts.  This is stone quiet
in my set up.  I have paid particularly careful atttention
in my Chrysler minivan, to take advantage of the fine body
construction and have carefully grounded all things to
body and frame.  I do not have alternator or ignition
noise and the inverter is very quiet indeed.

I have 2 PI250's

(See you in two weeks, AB2KT and I will be roving at a low
intensity pace on 2->2304 in the northeast).

I hope your experiences are the same.

Bob
N4HY