RE: [VHFcontesting] Inverter Advice

To: "Vhfcontesting@Contesting. Com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [VHFcontesting] Inverter Advice
From: "John Allen" <jallen@vhfcom.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:28:59 -0400
Avoide Whistler 12V to 120V  ""AC"" inverters - they put out a lot of hash,
at least the 30W one I have does.  It is loud on 2M.  The hash can be
reduced with clamp on ferrites around the AC output cord.  I look forward
to replacing mine with a homebrew DC-DC.

Also, some of the 12V to 120 VAC inverters are touchy about starting up,
parrticularly under load.

All inverters, DC to AC and DC to DC will generate hash, you just have to
filter them really well, inside a shielded box.

73, John, K1AE

John Allen  - PC Support Solutions www.pcsupportsolutions.com PC House
Calls: Computer HW/SW/Network debugging, installation, maintenance, and
upgrades
mailto:john@pcsupportsolutions.com  978 779-6189 M: 508 361-6229