Re: [VHFcontesting] LOTW and Rover Ops

To: "Erich Oetting KI0SK" <ki0sk@arrl.net>,<vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] LOTW and Rover Ops
From: "Tom Carney" <tomc7@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:35:56 -0800
From: "Erich Oetting KI0SK" <ki0sk@arrl.net>
To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2003 10:14 AM

> During most VHF contests, I sign "Rover" on phone and KI0SK/R on CW.  I
> assume most stations log either one as KI0SK/R and had planned on
> getting a certificate for KI0SK/R.
>
> Does LOTW require signing these contest QSO's with a separate
> certificate for KI0SK/R? Or will it match a log entry for KI0SK/R with
> a log signed by KI0SK?

Not an expert on LOTW but I believe it will NOT match a log entry for
KI0SK/R with a log signed by KI0SK.  I also suspect the if you submit a
rover log as a /R and someone who you worked submits their log with KI0SK
without the /R it also will not match.  I'm tempted to resubmit some of my
rover logs signed by KE6FI (without the /R) and see if I get some matches.

 73  Tom  KE6FI/R