[VHFcontesting] Rover Scheds and Station Activity emails

To: HamIM eMail Remailer <HamIM@yahoogroups.com>,Rover eMail Remailer <rover@mailman.qth.net>,VHF Contesting eMail Remailer <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Rover Scheds and Station Activity emails
From: "Ev Tupis (W2EV)" <w2ev@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 07:03:50 -0500
I'm not intending to pick on anyone....simply inform the masses.

How many of us actually print out published rover schedules?  How many Rovers
keep their schedules fully?  Rhetorical....I'm not asking for answers because I
know what the answers are.  A few people do, but most of us don't.

Ditto email messages that say, "I'm going to be on ABCD9E from Grid AB12CD with
medium power, look for me in the contest".

Most of us simply delete these messages and figure that if we hear you, we'll
work you.  The trick in working the masses is to get heard.

One tool for this is HamIM.  It works very well.  No need to pre-publish a
schedule (unless y'r braggin').  No need to keep to a schedule (unless you don't
mind abandoning a band opening in progress, etc.).  Simply setup on your hilltop
and send a few HamIM CQ's.

All a rover needs (at a minimum) is a laptop, packet TNC and software.  NO GPS
NEEDED (you can manually update the software with your grid when you move).

fwiw.
Ev, W2EV
--
HamIM  : Messaging the all-ham way, find Rovers as they go to play.
         That HamIM, that HamIM -- I'm sure you'll like that HamIM.