[VHFcontesting] 144 phasing lines

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 144 phasing lines
From: David Vondrasek <n5ito@davidv.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 22:16:06 -0600
Trying to get ready for the contest this weekend and put back up the Duel
2M5WL's for the weekend run. I have a 1/2 power divider and plan to space
14.5 feet apart. I never did understand the formula for cutting the feed
lines from the ant's to the divider. Plan to use  Andrews FSJ4-50B 1/2"
line.   I now have 2 2M5WL ( for the weekend ) but have 4 each KLM 36 foot
boom 18 ele yagi's to put up afterwards. I'd hope to use the phasing lines
from the duel setup on the 4X setup.

So the question is I guess, how long of a line do I need for the 36 foot
booms ( 15 foot spacing ) between the ant's and the power divider ( I have
a 4 way also) assuming I can use two of the lines this weekend for just 2
of the 2M5WL's..

Dave
- Have cable and ends, just how long to cut ?
planned to be on
50 - 5 ele@45 feet w/ 10 watts
144 -  2X19 @70 feet w/ 225 watts
220 - 20 ele@40 feet w / 20 watts