Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL VHF+ contest proposals: input invited

To: John Geiger <johngeig@yahoo.com>, Mike Hasselbeck <mph@swcp.com>,VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL VHF+ contest proposals: input invited
From: John K9IJ <k9ij@vx5.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:07:11 -0600
At 06:17 PM 2/20/2004 -0800, John Geiger wrote:
Well said Mike.  I can't see how the new point rules
encourage anyone to add more bands.  Since a 2.3G QSO
would count the same pointwise as a 6 meter QSO, I
would do better making a few WSJT skeds than I would
adding new bands.  Not exactly the way to encourage
activity on the higher frequencies.

Especially for rovers. As a rover, adding 2304 can get me multipliers. If the multipliers aren't there in adjacent grids, there's no incentive for me to do so. If there's no point advantage for someone working me on the higher band, it also takes away any incentive.

Those are poor ideas they only reduce the incentive for rovers
to improve their systems and do nothing for the base stations.

John - K9IJ

-

John Rice  K9IJ
k9ij@vx5.com