RE: [VHFcontesting] Preventing grid circling.

To: 'John K9IJ' <k9ij@vx5.com>, Dan Evans <n9rla@yahoo.com>,VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [VHFcontesting] Preventing grid circling.
From: "Hoffman, Mark" <mhoffman@microwavedata.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:39:33 -0500
Hang on. As one of the "Non Rover" commenters on the eHam.net posting - I
think it necessary to point a couple things out:

1) I agree with you, things aren't as broken as some are making it out to
be.

2) Non-Rovers have JUST as much say about VHF+ contesting as the rest.

3) As rovers are a large part of my "Non Rover" score, I have a vested
interest in the outcome of these discussions and proposals.

I'm not sure where you were heading with that statement, John. Because I've
not roved myself, it sounds like you're equating that with not knowing what
I'm talking about. If I'm overreacting - whoops - I'm guilty. However, if
I'm right -I think you need to reflect on that a bit longer before making
that statement.

Without home stations, multiops, hilltoppers - the need for rovers becomes
considerably less. It's a symbiotic relationship. What's best for roving
ultimately is best for VHF+ contesting. Therefore, any discussion about
roving IS a discussion about VHF+ Contesting, and all opinions matter.

-Mark, K2AXX