Re: [VHFcontesting] Renewing Interest in VHF Contesting

To: w2ev@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Renewing Interest in VHF Contesting
From: N3AWS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 10:42:15 EDT
While this may excite and motivate the current VHF contesters, I don't see
this attracting any new blood.  I think directing efforts to entice the FM only
crowd, HF contesters who never set the band switch above 30 MHz, and other
sources of new blood lurking in the wings.

Furthermore, rapid results would likely meet with immediate interest and joy
for competitors, but I doubt there would be much long term benefit.  When the
ARRL first introduced the soapbox on line feature for contests, many ops took
advantage.  Now, though, after even the major contests there are rarely more
than 50 entries.

But I'm in favor of anything that will raise activity levels.

73 and OJ

Jim N3AWS