Re: [VHFcontesting] Renewing Interest in VHF Contesting

To: Jeff Burchell <kf6tpt@thin.doobie.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Renewing Interest in VHF Contesting
From: Art Holmes <w1rzf@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 17:45:17 -0400
The NEWS group, north east weak signal group, is sponsoring an activity program to try to increase activity on the vhf and up bands for weak signal communications. The first step is a scheduling page which is close to completion. Planned is an awards page . I f an operator reaches a given criteria per band in a given month he is given a nice certificate. Art w1rzf

Jeff Burchell wrote:

Perhaps a VHF activity spotting net. (does such a thing exist now?)
Listing stations and frequencies. like I could post "WV2ZOW 432.2
FN20vt N220deg E" when I am in the shack working on something (or even
chasing dX on 20). This would eliminate some of the randomness.

http://www.dxworld.com/50prop.html http://www.dxworld.com/144prop.html

The signal-to-noise ratio on both of these pages can vary wildly depending
mostly on band conditions.