Re: [VHFcontesting] VI VHF Contest activity

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VI VHF Contest activity
From: "jon jones" <n0jk@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:11:07 +0000
Hi Jon and others,
I think this KP2 under reporting points up a problem with VHF contests in that
casual operators may not send in a score. The result is that activity is under
reported.

Dave is right - and I suspect many "casual operators" never send in a log. It surprises me that none of the KP2 ops sent in a log. For several of them, they went to the trouble and expense of flying down there and setting up a station.

A person could send in his score simply by tabulating contacts and grids per
band. The score would automatically be tabulated, and the results could be
published in the Web Report at arrl.org. Sounds simple to me. It is easy to do.
There would be no excuse to not send in a log.

An interesting idea. For those logging on paper - there is now a Cabrillo Web Forms.

http://b4h.net/cabforms/

Hopefully there will be web form for the VHF contests.

Most casual operators are not interested in winning anything, but seeing ur call up in lights, even >on a web page,

Seeing your call in QST is more of an incentive. I still am disappointed QST took the "line scores" out of the print contest write-ups. Not quite the same seeing it on a web page.

- NØJK