[VHFcontesting] "Out of the Box" idea for Line Scores in QST

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] "Out of the Box" idea for Line Scores in QST
From: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <k9jk73@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 11:36:30 -0500
"jon jones" wrote:

> Seeing your call in QST is more of an incentive. I still am disappointed
> QST
> took the "line scores" out of the print contest write-ups.  Not quite the
> same seeing it on a web page.

And I remember Dan Henderson from 'da Leeg' saying it was primarily a matter
of 'economics' i.e the cost/value of a printed page in QST.

Would the VHF Contest Community (individuals, clubs, others) put their money
where their mouth is...that is, support buying couple of pages of
'advertising' in QST to be able to list line scores for each contest. Or,
for that matter...would any of the 'regular' advertisers in QST 'sponsor'
the printing of line scores for a given contest? (e.g. they could have
advertising in the border around the scores or a prominent notation that the
listing was 'sponsored' by them). Would "we" really support such an
advertiser? (or would "we" just say that "we" would?)

Just a thought...chew on it for awhile and let's hold off
discussion/commentary until AFTER all the fun we WILL all have this weekend!

Also...a big welcome back to the Stanford VHF Reflector (Thanks Bob V.!).

73, the OTHER "JK" (K9, that is, and /R this weekend...in Eastern Wisconsin
(Central and South) and Northeastern Illinois)