Re: [VHFcontesting] Too Many Contests?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Too Many Contests?
From: Bob K0NR <k0nr-list@rwitte.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 06:34:21 -0700 (PDT)
> --- "Michael A. Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com> wrote:
>
> > My suggestion a couple of years ago to the league
> > was to combine the June VHF QSO party, the August
> > UHF & 10 GHz + contests into FD and then score
> > all VHF+ contacts just as they would those contests.

  This idea is interesting. However, based on the
  screaming and yelling on this and other reflectors
  concerning much less drastic changes to VHF contests,
  I can't imagine this being supported by the VHF+
  community.

  On the other hand, the FD rules provide a tool
  to do more with VHF during FD. Specifically:

  Rule 4.1.2. Any Class A group whose entry category is two
  or more transmitters may also operate one additional transmitter
  if it operates exclusively on any bands or combination of bands
  above 50 MHz (VHF/UHF) without changing its basic entry classification.
  <snip>

  This is probably more of an opportunity to expose new people
  to what can be done on VHF, rather than be a "real" VHF contest.
  For me personally, this just leads back to the "I'm wore out
  from the June VHF contest" problem.

73,

Bob K0NR