Re: [VHFcontesting] The Informal FD VHF+ Challenge

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] The Informal FD VHF+ Challenge
From: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <k9jk73@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 10:26:36 -0500
I concur with Zack and Jim...it is the number of transmitters ACTIVE
AT ONE TIME. If an operation happened to transmit on 6m AT THE SAME
TIME as they were transmitting on 2m, that would be beyond the "FREE"
VHF/UHF Transmitter (for 2A and up), HOWEVER, it also means that if a
1A station were to add a 6 meter station (bringing them into 2A), that
group could then run 2m & up simultaneously with their 6m station.

ALSO, further to Jim's comment about immediate band changes being
allowed for 50 MHz and up, no 15 minute wait...immediate MODE changes
are ALSO allowed, so a station can be worked on BOTH Phone (SSB or FM)
AND CW...ALSO without having to wait 15 minutes. Good opportunity to
demo CW to the "FM only" crowd.

Finally, let's keep it simple...just reporting the things we can
easily report...no complex scoring processes...after all, FIELD DAY is,
supposedly, an EXERCISE...NOT a contest.

73, JK