Re: [VHFcontesting] The Informal FD VHF+ Challenge - An Idea

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] The Informal FD VHF+ Challenge - An Idea
From: Bob Witte K0NR <list@k0nr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 09:37:38 -0700 (PDT)
With regard to:

>> How about having an informal, low overhead, piggybacked VHF
>> "contest" where those groups (or individuals) who participate
>> on 6M and up post on this reflector the following:
>>
>> 1. Club name and location.
>> 2. Number of 6M and up Q's per band.
>> 3. Section totals per band.
>> 4. Grid totals per band.
>> 5. Longest DX for each band operated.
>> 6. Approximate number of ops.

  This is a great idea and I'd include promoting FM operation as well.

  While it would be nice to use grid squares as a mult, I do think
  that the "contest within a contest" approach says that you have
  to go for compatibility with the original contest. Otherwise, you
  introduce confusion instead of synergy.

  73,
  Bob K0NR