Re: [VHFcontesting] How to increase my score, or why should I try?

To: 'VHF Contesting' <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] How to increase my score, or why should I try?
From: Paul Kiesel <k7cw@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:08:31 -0700 (PDT)
Bob,

I agree with Buck. Buck's assertions are true because
N6NB/R and his friends were operating totally within
the rules of the contest, yet there is still a
controversy.

The fact is that they were acting as individual
stations. Fact is, all rovers do what they did.
Namely, act in concert with all stations that they
work in a deliberate, calculated way. Many rovers
preplan their operations and announce their
itineraries. Moreover, many make skeds with other
stations and preplan their contacts (as do many fixed
stations).

I agree that there should be some consideration given
to creating various rover categories. But my
appreciation of this is that N6NB and his friends were
not operating outside the scope or intent of the
contest rules as written.

I thinks it's kinda sad that Wayne had to come on and
defend himself when he and his friends did nothing
wrong. Wayne has contributed more to VHFing and ham
radio in general than most VHFers realize because they
haven't been around long enough to remember.

Paul, K7CW