Re: [VHFcontesting] What cost and expected benefit to compete?

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] What cost and expected benefit to compete?
From: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:00:59 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Lets face it for the most parts (to plagiarize a
> line from the Blues Bros) hams are both, Tight &
Cheap!

I'm glad someone said it besides me. :)  I just got
done scratching my head from all of the posts that
have basically said, "I spend thousands of dollars on
my hobby, but if you charge me $2 to enter a contest
(even if I get my results in lightning fast time, and
the awards are substantial), I'll never enter!"

I learn more about human nature every day.  ;)

Ev, W2EV