[VHFcontesting] roving

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] roving
From: "frank bechdoldt" <k3uhf@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:46:37 -0700
Wek as an honest rover eho builds an rig to work back towards my home area
anf then circles 10-16 grids and works evertone he hears I am dissapointed
with the ARRL's lack of response to grid circling. The art of taking 2 or
more people with you to post massive scores where the qsos only need to be
300 feet or so across lon/lat lines.

In the northwest i busted my butt spent alot on gas and had alot of fun to
rack up 60k or so points from 500 plus qsos with people on an adverage of
over 200 miles away (not counting e-skip).  Then I get beat by a magniude
of 50 to one by a set of guys who opperate gear all owned by one guy and
work 98 percent of thier qsos with each other.  Well the difference is
maybe I may work one powerful and well equiped sation or a happened chanced
rover for up to 5-10 percent of my qsos. this number is high because I am
in the west where things are sparse. If I took my show toI-95 it would be a
low number. I might score a 300k score there but still 3 or 4 guys all
opperating fear owned by one guy captive to each other will beat me with a
3,000,000 point score.

I have hoped the arrl would fix this by now. Instead I have given up roving
and there are grids out here that dont light up often, because I covered
the most milage. I think people should just go portable until the arrl
fixes it, and give some rare grids.

73s
Frank.

frank bechdoldt