[VHFcontesting] Calling some leadership

To: "vhfcontesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Calling some leadership
From: "frank bechdoldt" <k3uhf@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 17:33:11 -0700
yeah kind of like the price of gas.....

some of us know the bad smell when we deal with it..

Roving is the only part of the contest that is expanding over the years.
I did it 3 years  under 2 calls. (no I did not work myself at any corners)
I am inclined not to Rove  because of the group of circling and captive
rovers that drive out from california to a flat part of the world to
manipulate the rules
and post 3 person combined score that ius greater tan the rest of the logs
as a whole.

I am sad to see that the Arrl does not take the bull by the horns, once
calling it bad, eluding to it being bad in tyhe rules then celibrating it
last year. They brush over the contriversy by saying its contriversial and
go on to list it as an ackomplishment.

This is like the local newspaper witing this:
Though contriversial Frank bought  a car for one dollar and gave it to
charity who lists the value at 1000 dollars and then frank  pocketed  the
300 in tax write offs for himself.
What a wonderful ackomplishment!
There are several Baseball players remaining silent about steroids, there
must be no problem there too.

A no more than 10 percent rule would be good, and it would allow captive
rovers that dont hand in logs to add to the score of the mothership. And
the mothership would have to work everyone (which I am sure they do).  this
allows clubs to compete by building more stations. But should encourage
some staiions to talk to everyone.

Sorry I'm throwing my 2 cents in at the end of this 2 week event.
It is a worthy subject for the powers to be to clarify.
I call on the leadership to either bless the activity of circling and
captive rovers or confine it better. And do so in QST.
This thread(s) is the result of thier inclearity.

k3uhf