Re: [VHFcontesting] Rule Change Discussion

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>,"Tom Carney" <tomc7@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rule Change Discussion
From: "John (JK) Kalenowsky, K9JK" <k9jk73@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:52:02 -0500
I agree with John and Tom...as someone who IS fairly active as a rover, I would
stop roving if ALL QSO points with other rovers were 'set' to be zero.

HOWEVER, if the *first* contact I made on each band with another rover in a
given grid (*regardless* of >my< grid) got QSO Point credit, but further QSOs
(as I changed >my< grid) with that same rover in that same given grid got zero
points (kind of like we only get credit for the *first* time we work a
multiplier/grid square for each given band), I'd be OK with that. Of course,
that creates an entirely NEW Grid Circling strategy which can still be done for
an increase in score (though not as great an increase), but it also encourages
more time and effort to try and work stations OTHER than a circling partner or
members of your 'pack'. Admittedly, there would be some situations where the
OTHER rover would want contacts but I would have no incentive to work them and
vice versa, but I'd hope that I and the other rover( s) would find a way to
work that out.

73, JK