Re: [VHFcontesting] Rule Change Discussion

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rule Change Discussion
From: Buck Calabro <kc2hiz@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:52:20 -0400
> > The circling rovers, would now be in
> > a different category (Rover Team)
>
> Again, same problem. The circlers are
> all going to file independent, with
> nothing to stop them.

I'd bet that if there was a mega/team rover category that the N6
rovers would enter it.  I don't think they're out to destroy other WTX
rovers, I think they want to have fun in their own way.  A separate
category would allow them to have their fun and not skew the scores
for the other rovers in that section.

If the honour system doesn't work, then ham contests are broken far
beyond any rules changes to be able to fix.
  --buck